The program is currently ‘on pause’ for the intake of new homeowner projects. This does not mean the program will end when current funding is allocated. Other financing options are being investigated—watch this space for more details.
Welcome to the Switch Wolfville Program!
Whether you are looking to get off oil with a heat pump, install solar panels, or complete other renovations to increase the energy efficiency of your home – the Switch Wolfville Program can help you every step of the way.
The Town of Wolfville, in partnership with PACE Atlantic, offers Switch Wolfville to property owners, providing financial and administrative supports so you can complete important home energy efficiency upgrades.
Connect with a Program Advisor to make the Switch today as we move towards our goal of being a low carbon community.
We make it simple…
- Easy access to technical advice
- No money down
- 0% financing
- Savings that will exceed payments
- Help to access and benefit from all eligible provincial and federal rebates
- Improve the value and comfort of your home
- A one-time administration fee of 5% is added to the overall project costs to cover:
- the assignment of an energy concierge to each project to oversee the entire process
- checking the property tax status with the Municipality
- arranging for a free home energy assessment (pre and post project)
- helping homeowners navigate through the rebate process, both federally and provincially
- helping support industry engagement particularly in your geographic region
- providing homeowners with approved contractors to choose from
- drafting and executing legal agreements (including the participation agreement and certificates of completion)
- securely storing all documents and records related to the project
- ensuring contractors are paid promptly
- setting up and collecting monthly payments (PAP) from homeowners for the 10-15 year period of the life of the loan
- Contact us for advice
- We can help you get quotes from local contractors and a Home Energy Assessment
- When you are ready, sign our Participation Agreement (call us to see a sample of this agreement)
- We authorise contractor to proceed
- We pay contractor once you’re happy with the work
- Start your payments and start saving
The Switch Wolfville Program will support almost any project that saves energy and reduces greenhouse gas emissions.
Here are some examples below:
AIR-SOURCE HEAT PUMPS
GEOTHERMAL HEAT PUMPS
HEAT PUMP POOL HEATERS
HEAT PUMP DOMESTIC WATER HEATERS
INSULATION AND AIR SEALING
Are you a local contractor/supplier and want to know more about the program and grow your business?
Express interest and get invited to our next industry engagement session or give us a call.
Talk to us at 902-334-5605 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Have your project pay for itself through energy savings!
On average, installing a heat pump will save you $110 /month in energy and it will cost $82/month in financing.
On average, installing a solar system will save you $130 /month in energy and it will cost $110/month in financing.
Key Financing Terms
- Financing through your property, not personal credit
- 0% interest rate!
- 15 year terms
- Early, partial or full repayments accepted with no fees
- Finance up to $40,000 or 15% of your property value (whichever is less)
- Low monthly payments with typical savings that will exceed payments
- Switch Wolfville is operated on a user-pay model for the Municipality. This means the programs are not being subsidized by non-participating taxpayers
Incentives are available – see if you quality
- You could be eligible for up to $3,000 in solar incentives from Efficiency NS.
- You could be eligible for up to $5,000 in incentives through the new Federal Greener Homes Program. NOTE: Rebates are not ‘stackable’ between Provincial and Federal programs for solar projects.
- We’ll ensure you take advantage of all existing incentives available!
The Fine Print
Call us if you would like to see a sample Participation Agreement at 902-334-5605
Funding for this Switch program made possible by the Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM) and Efficiency Nova Scotia.