The Program is currently not open for the intake of new homeowner projects. Other financing options are being investigated. Read full release
Welcome to the Switch Stratford Program!
MESSAGE FROM THE MAYOR, STEVE OGDEN
We have designed a program for our residents to help you save on your energy costs while helping us to meet our goals of a more sustainable community into the future. Whether you are looking to get off oil with a heat pump or solar panels, are looking to improve your insulation and air sealing or looking at other energy efficient projects, our new Switch Stratford Program can help you every step of the way.
Connect with an Energy Concierge to learn more.
We make it simple…
- Easy access to technical advice
- No money down
- Savings that will exceed payments
- Help to access and benefit from all eligible provincial and federal rebates
- Improve the value and comfort of your home
- A one-time administration fee of 5% is added to the overall project costs to cover:
- the assignment of an energy concierge to each project to oversee the entire process
- checking the property tax status with the Municipality
- arranging for a free home energy assessment (pre and post project)
- helping homeowners navigate through the rebate process, both federally and provincially
- helping support industry engagement particularly in your geographic region
- providing homeowners with approved contractors to choose from
- drafting and executing legal agreements (including the participation agreement and certificates of completion)
- securely storing all documents and records related to the project
- ensuring contractors are paid promptly
- setting up and collecting monthly payments (PAP) from homeowners for the 10-15 year period of the life of the loan
- Contact us for advice
- We’ll help you get quotes from local contractors and arrange a Home Energy Assessment
- When you are ready, sign our Participation Agreement (call us at 902-706-4042 to request a sample PA)
- When the time comes, we’ll authorize the contractor to proceed and pay the contractor when the work is complete
- Start your payments and start enjoying the savings!
The Switch Stratford Program will support almost any project that saves energy and reduces greenhouse gas emissions.
Here are some examples below:
AIR-SOURCE HEAT PUMPS
GEOTHERMAL HEAT PUMPS
HEAT PUMP POOL HEATERS
HEAT PUMP DOMESTIC WATER HEATERS
INSULATION AND AIR SEALING
Financing options are being investigated
- Switch Stratford is operated on a user-pay model for the Municipality. This means programs are not being subsidized by non-participating taxpayers
Combine with Other Incentives
- You could be eligible for $10,000 or more in incentives from Efficiency PEI
- Up to $5,000 in incentives through the new Federal Greener Homes Program!
- We’ll ensure you take advantage of all existing incentives available!
The Fine Print
Call us if you would like to see a sample Participation Agreement 902-706-4042
Funding for this Switch program made possible by the Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM) and Efficiency PEI.
Are you a local contractor/supplier and want to know more about the program and grow your business?
Express interest and get invited to our next industry engagement session or give us a call.
Talk to our team at 902-334-6031 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org